Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In Which I Go Totally Mad and Get All Out of Order

Egad, Monday was ADHD kind of day. I feared it would be when I realized it was 11:30 p.m. on Sunday night and I was still ironing. Yes, ironing. Finally, I had to stop and go to bed with a pile of ironing unfinished.

This morning, my DH sat down in his favorite chair to drink his coffee and I had to chase him out of it because he was sitting on several unironed sweaters. "Forgive me," he said. "I thought it was a chair." I told him that of course it wasn't a chair--it was now, like all the other horizontal surfaces in the living room, a pre- or post-ironing work surface. But I did clear him a space, and finished the ironing. Two and a half hours and two and a half episodes of INTERVENTION later, and I was finished.

Why is it that my closest friends and family members (my parents the exception) don't always even know where their irons are? Ironing has become such a part of my current life. In fact, it's become such a part of it that it's gotten to be rather a bottleneck. Do you have things that act as bottlenecks in your life? Things that you really don't like to do, but know that you eventually must do?

I'm going to throw tradition to the wind today and post some pics out of order. Just because sometimes my pics get to be a bit of a bottleneck. And it's just that kind of day....

Day 145:


This was part of my WM sweater extravaganza I indulged in on my last St. Louis trip. I bought three. Or four.

White Stag sweater: $9 (clearance); George tank: $10; White Stag Necklace: $8; Earrings: $5; Faded Glory jeans: $15   Total: $47

Day 146:


I confess--this photo was definitely more about Miss Nina Garcia than what I was wearing. She couldn't stay off of my keyboard, so I made sure she got her picture taken. This is basically the same outfit I wore to meet with the book club that had read ISABELLA MOON a couple of weeks ago.

Norma Kamali dress: $20 (red!); White Stag sweater: $9 (same style as above); George cami: $7; Scarf: $5; Norma Kamali Leggings: $10; Faded Glory boots: $23   Total: $74

Day 151: 

Was so busy doing Valentine crafts for/with Bengal's 4th grade class, that I forgot to take a pic of myself. Here's the craft. It worked out great!


Day 153:

This is my last Valentine's Day picture for this year. Did it seem to anyone else that Valentine's Day seemed a little over-the-top this year?


More Miss Nina! I love the tongue action. Oh, and those are my gorgeous flowers from my gorgeous Valentine. This is the same outfit I wore here.

Travel Elegance (Sam's) Jacket: $34; Travel Elegance skirt: $37; George blouse: $14; Necklace: $7; Earrings: $3; Faded Glory boots: $23  Total $118

Work on those bottlenecks a little at a time. I DO NOT recommend ironing before bedtime, then doing it again in the morning. Come to think of it, no wonder INTERVENTION resonated for me today. : )

TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. My latest bottle neck has been the ever increasing pile of (once) clean laundry in the hallway in front of my bed room door. The first load didn't get folded and put away promptly and therefore the next 19 loads just ended up on top of the first. Cats slept on it. Children burrowed in it. Angry husbands stomped through it. Now after almost three weeks, I've finally started to fold it. We'll see how it turns out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful,

    I admire the ironing -- the dryer here only has the no heat setting working so everything is automatically wrinkle-free after, oh, about ten hours of dryer time. :) Some good and some bad in that (particuarly odious when one wants to wash the sheets - must start early in the morning). I worship at the shrine of Intervention!!!!!!!!!!! Love the pictures and yes, Valentine's was crazy over the top this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Branda--I empathize, honey. It's that first load, isn't it? It's like a magnet. For me, it's that first load in the basket out of the dryer. I've gotten an amazing four loads in one basket before the clothes explode all over the laundry room floor.
    Maybe one of those husbands could stop and fold a minute? xo

    Sweet Michelle--This makes me want to send you a dryer! It simply can't go on.

    ReplyDelete